REPORTS of a slaughter of 750 individuals in the church complex that supposedly houses the Ark of the Covenant have risen up out of the Tigray locale of Ethiopia.
The previous BBC World Service Africa proofreader and Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, Martin Plaut, said that the individuals who got away from the Aksum slaughter had revealed that the assault started after Ethiopian government troops and Amhara civilian army moved toward the Church of St Mary of Zion.
Mr Plaut stated: “Individuals were stressed over the security of the Ark, and when they heard soldiers were moving toward dreaded they had come to take it.
EEPA’s most recent dispatch on the circumstance in Tigray, on Tuesday, reports that 750 individuals were shot in Aksum, despite the fact that this has not been checked.
It says that the slaughter was completed by Ethiopian government troops and Amhara civilian army.
The Ark is accepted by Ethiopian Orthodox Christians to have been covered up in Aksum by Menelik I, the child of King Solomon of Israel.
Battling broke out in Tigray in November, after the Ethiopian Prime Minister, Abiy Ahmed, sent government troops, upheld by civilian army and troops from Eritrea, to battle the Tigray People’s Liberation Front , which he blamed for holding ill-conceived decisions .
The Ethiopian government has conceded shelling an antiquated mosque in Tigray, and has vowed to fix it.
EEPA announced that, after the shelling, the mosque had been plundered by Ethiopian and Eritrean soldiers, and that a few regular folks had passed on attempting to secure it.