Tunisian and United Nations officials said on Friday that at least 40 migrants drowned in a shipwreck attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea to Italy off the coast of Tunisia. There was at least one child among the dead. Tunisian Civil Service Commissioner Mud Mishri said: “The ship sank during a voyage from Sfax on Thursday evening. So far, the Coast Guard has found 21 bodies and the search is still Ongoing.” This is an important starting point for people to escape conflict and poverty in Africa and the Middle East and seek a better life in Europe. The Immigration Organization and UNHCR said in a statement: “This tragic loss of life highlights the need to improve and expand government search and rescue operations in the central Mediterranean.According to them, about 290 people died from such shipwrecks this year.